- This event has passed.
OHF Month of Giving
October 1 - October 31
It’s our second annual statewide service event, and we’re calling it OHF Month of Giving. Local board/associations can schedule their service events anytime during the month of October. Here’s how your local association and/or REALTOR® members can participate:
1) Choose a charitable organization, event, or cause, preferably dealing with seniors and their housing in some way, in your area that you would like to give back to. Promote it within your local association and have members sign up with you to participate. Start thinking about next year’s project as well – this will be an annual event.
Looking for ideas? Here are some examples:
-Performing light repairs and/or painting a senior citizen’s home
-Painting a veteran’s home
-Habitat for Humanity
-RebuildingTogether (OKC, Tulsa, McAlester areas only)
-Local churches may know of someone in need of housing repairs
2) Decide what day(s) your group would like to give back to your community with your event during the month of October. You are encouraged to hold a kickoff reception or gathering to motivate and support your volunteers, but it isn’t required. We even have a fancy video you can share with them at your event.
3) Complete the event registration/t-shirt form by August 31: https://goo.gl/forms/
4) Promote, Promote, Promote! Marketing materials are included below on Google Drive for your use. Please note the Flier has an editable date field so you can customize it to your event. The event hashtags for social media posts are #ohfcares and #ohfmonthofgiving.
5) Take lots of photos and videos from your event and send them to email@example.com.
MARKETING MATERIALS: http://tiny.cc/monthofgiving
We’re looking forward to seeing our REALTORS® giving back all across our state! If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Marshall at 405-848-9944 or firstname.lastname@example.org.